What kind of household doesn’t have a bar cart?!
A boring one.
Or, probably more accurately, a stable one.
So I’m talking bar cart styling for home entertaining and SOCIAL drinking (no, a cheeky 4 vodkas with your cat doesn’t qualify as a social situation. That, my friend, is a problem).
I think it was the Dalai Lama that once said, “Bar carts are so hot right now”, and he’s right, because they are SO hot, which is strange because social drinking never really goes out of style. Or into it. It’s just… a thing.
The first ingredient to our delicious bar cart cocktail (if you’ll pardon the pun) is obviously a bar cart.
1. Vintage Solid Brass French Tea Cart, circa 1950s, available from 1st Dibs
2. Gerard G Bar Cart, available from Worlds Away
3. The Sedgewick Bar Cart, available from Society Social
There are way more on the market, this is just a tiny (pricey) sample. Head over to IKEA or West Elm for a bigger array, or if you’re really stuck, google shopping search “kitchen trolleys” and it comes up with a few screaming to be converted to their alcoholic counterparts.
Of course, the alcohol you choose depends on your taste, but I’ll give you a quick line up of the refined uni student’s palette.
From left to right my poisons of choice are Angostura Bitters, Absolut Vodka, Tequila Blu, Midori, Malibu, Vok Peach Schnapps and Continental Blue Curacao.
Do I go on the prettiness of the bottle and what’s on the discount table? Absolutely. Do I have any taste whatsoever in alcohol? Absolutely not.
Don’t forget these bad boys: Daylesford and Hepburn Mineral Springs Co. Organic Lemon Lime and Bitters (I cannot stress how much I love this stuff, it is addictive), Bickford’s Lime Cordial, San Pellegrino Mineral Water, CAPI Ginger Ale and Santa Cruz Organic Lemonade.
But what really makes a bar cart is all the pretty decorations you smother it in anyway; people will overlook the fact that you make terrible choices in beverages if you use cute accessories.
So, without further adieu, I present… my masterpiece.
1. Vintage Brass Pineapple Ice Box, available from Judys Junktion Etsy Shop
2. Paper Straws, available from Typo
3. Metallic Print Glassware (set of 4), available from West Elm
4. Gold Collection Cocktail Set, available from Cocktail Kingdom
5. “BAR” Framed Art Print, available from Society6
6. Maxwell & Williams Diamante Gold Hollow Stem Saucer Glass 250ml Set of 2, available from House
7. Midas Collection Small Carafe, available from Design Within Reach